Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Maker’s Eye: Revising Your Own Manuscripts by Donald Murray

This piece is particularly informative and helpful, especially to aspiring writers. It talks about the importance of writing drafts and revising, and how both are viewed differently by students and professional writers.

Donald Murray first clarifies to the readers that the student’s perceptions of a first draft is dissimilar to that of a professional writer’s. While students rejoice and see a complete draft as something that is done and final, professional writers regard this as just a start and something that needs a lot more revising. From this point, the author goes on to telling the readers that all good writers always revise their work and that they habitually do so, by not looking at the first one they made.

I really found this essay very insightful because I am one of those students who settle for having a paper done at once. Now that I have read this, I can safely say that I am one more step closer to having perfect my writing skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment