Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Megamall Ice Skating Rink

Out of Africa: descriptive essay written without the sense of sight

I like to think that everyone has their own place of solitude and relaxation, a special little corner here on Earth where they can go to whenever they want, wherever they want. Some would choose common places like their house or room; others would pick places with great sceneries like the beach or park; yet still others would pick places that they can share with their loved ones; but to each his own.


Ever since I can remember, I was almost always surrounded with a lot of chilly wind rushing to my body. Every little move I make just brings forth another whiplash of that cold, gentle breeze. Some would find it rather too cold for their taste but having been exposed to such low temperature at a very young age; I have grown accustomed to it already. In fact, I catch little salty beads of sweat rolling down my face each time I decide to rest on one of many worn-out navy blue wooden benches of the waiting area.


Sitting is a whole different story as compared to actual gliding on the thick, uneven ice. It was only at that point when I would notice how packed both the rink and waiting area is with people of all shapes and sizes. It never failed to surprise me how completely unaware I get with what’s happening around me as soon as I step on the ice and dance my way through my steps and choreography.


I miss the Megamall Ice Skating Rink. It was my favorite place in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment